Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sausage Queen

During the recession I struggled to find a job and was willing to do anything to support myself through uni. I once worked in a smallgoods factory - had to make sausages, kabana, salami, etc. I lasted 4 hours. The pay was ok but I had to work from 4am - 8am 5 days a week. (Try getting out of bed between 2.30am-3am every morning then going to uni all day!) The room I was in was filthy, had dead animals hung up everywhere. (like in storeroom at the butchers) I worked with 4 older, hairy, european men. They were lovely but they constantly malted and it made me sick thinking of all those black hairy bits going into the meat. The place stunk, and as soon as I escaped into the street (after that revolting 4 hours) I nearly vomited. I didn't need a job that badly, and haven't eaten sausages, etc. since. That was about 10 years ago!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?