Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Doggone Puzzle

I worked as a Vet assistant through out high school and college. It was my job to do all the nasty jobs, like cleaning up pounds and pounds of animal crap, giving dogs enemas, and expressing anal glands (yum). Anyways, this one particular week we put down several dogs and cats, so much so that we ran out of room in our horizontal freezer. The owner of the practice told me to squeeze in this one last dead dog. It was a huge friggin Golden retriever and there was absolutely no room. When I told my boss there was no room, he just said "nonsense!, Take out all the animals and rearrange them to make them fit.". So that what I did. I must have pulled a dozen dead dogs and cats out of that freezer. Then I mushed the freshly dead dog into the corner of the freezer and then, like a puzzle, grabbed various frozen cats and dogs and tried to see which ones fit best with one another. It was pretty gross, but my boss was right...we did have room for one more.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?